Email marketing is an effective method for generating leads and boosting sales. But it’s not as simple as blasting the same message to hundreds of random email addresses. It takes thought, thorough planning, and a smart strategy.
Email Marketing Facts and Stats
Before you can begin your email marketing campaign, you need to have a firm grasp on why you’re doing it and how to be effective. To that end, here are 10 things that are good to know before you embark on this journey.
- Email was found to be the most effective digital marketing strategy in 2014. Even with social media booming, people still value email as an effective B2C and B2B communication method.
- Getting permission to send emails is crucial for avoiding the spam folder. Do this with an opt-in program.
- Offering something of value in exchange for email addresses is much more successful than simply asking people to sign up for your newsletter.
- Half of people questioned responded that they read the majority of emails they receive. This goes to show there is still value in email marketing.
- Most emails are read on mobile devices. This means your formatting and design must be mobile-friendly. If your messages aren’t easily read on tablets and smart phones, then they’re likely to be deleted.
- Click-through-rates (CTR) are found to be higher when the recipient’s first name is used in the subject line. It adds a personal touch to the email and makes it appear less like spam.
- Most people prefer to open messages that contain intriguing or fun images, instead of text only. This small touch can make a huge difference in the success of your campaign.
- Of all the days of the week, Saturday has the highest CTR. Automation has made it possible to schedule emails in advance – meaning you can reach your audience during this prime time without having to actually work on a weekend.
- Targeting matters. Today’s consumer is sophisticated. He or she quickly filters through messages that hold nothing of value. Customizing emails for your audience according to their individual needs and desires is the best way to get a positive ROI.
- Consistency is key. The trick to a successful email campaign is sending continuous messages (all relevant and useful, so as to avoid spamming) to your audience at each step of the buying cycle. Top-of-mind awareness is just as important as ever.
Making Email Marketing Work for You
With these useful facts serving as your road map, you’re ready to embrace email marketing and begin your adventure. Just remember, anything worth doing takes a little time and a lot of effort. You may need to try a few different strategies before finding one that resonates with the target audience in your particular niche.
At WebMobileFusion, we know all about creating email campaigns that leave a lasting impact on your readers – and on your bottom line. Reach out to us today to learn how we can make email marketing work for your business.