Social media marketing is a valuable tool for small businesses today. In fact, it’s a key element in any marketing strategy. But with so many social media sites, it can be tricky keeping up with best practices.
Have no fear! We’ve complied this guide as a starting point for your efforts. While it’s by no means all-inclusive – after all, social media marketing is much more complex than you may think – it covers what we feel are the most important points for creating an effective social campaign.
Streamlining and Organizing Your Social Media Marketing Efforts
There’s so much to do – and remember – when it comes to social media tasks, it’s difficult to know where to start. Being unorganized is the first mistake in social campaigns.
But before you can “plan your work and work your plan,” you need to research. Learn who your target audience is (if you don’t already know), where they socialize online, when they interact the most, and what other businesses in your niche have found to work.
Fortunately, we’ve done the basic research for you, and have discovered some crucial tips and tidbits. Here they are, broken down into the daily task list found below.
Important Daily Tasks:
- Respond to messages. Consumers are turning toward social media to interact with brands, and failing to respond is just bad customer service.
- Monitor mentions of your brand. Social media users won’t always tag you in an online conversation that you should hear, especially if it’s negative. The good news? There are plenty of tools that can help you find these conversations.
- Find and communicate with potential customers. This is similar to monitoring for brand mentions, but instead, you watch for predetermined keywords and find conversations going on around them. What you do with that info is entirely up to you, but remember to be helpful when you join the discussion, not intrusive.
- Schedule your posts. This is the most time-consuming of all your social media tasks. It requires thought, creativity, and strategy. Wondering how often to post? Here’s a guideline according to SocialTimes.
- Twitter: 3 to 6 times/day
- Facebook: 1 to 2 times/day
- Google +: 2 to 3 times/day
- Instagram: 1 to 3 times/day (fewer if your business isn’t photo-friendly)
- LinkedIn: 1 to 2 times/day (for B2B companies only; B2C businesses benefit from less frequent updates)
- Watch your competition. You probably do this with your traditional marketing already. Well, it’s necessary with social media marketing, too. Not only does it allow you to see what’s working and what’s not, but it also helps you stay ahead in your industry.
Putting Your New-found Social Media Knowledge to Use
So there you have it: the top-priority things to do each day to get your social media campaign up and running.
Need more help?
If you’ve been neglecting your social media sites – or worse, if you haven’t yet jumped on the social media marketing bandwagon! – and you’re feeling overwhelmed, give us a call today. At WebMobileFusion, we can put you on the road to success by helping you streamline your efforts and get organized.
Social media’s here to stay. Take advantage of its perks.