Ok So you made it. Lets Get started
#1 Strategy is to use Facebook effectively.
For Your Business
Lincoln Parks – WebMobileFusion
Facebook is certainly not the first social network online. Many other social networks and media sites have had only limited success creating brand awareness.
But only Facebook, has captured the attention of more people and had more of an impact worldwide. There has been nothing quite like it.
And its is already demonstrating its value as a potent business tool, also!
With the amount of existing and new applications that are being created on Facebook, businesses have an opportunity to use Facebook to promote their brand even further.
It may not be the tool or medium that many would first think of to promote their brand, but judging by the surging popularity, Facebook can be a great place to create brand awareness, develop a loyal business following, and spur new business growth.
Facebook has also become a great platform for reaching current and potential clients and customers….and Facebook is now the largest website in the world with more than 500 million active users!
10 Business Benefits Of Facebook
- Branding – Facebook can be a powerful resource for building brand awareness. Facebook is popular with almost all demographics and can be the catalyst for building relationships with your clients and prospects.
- Customer/Prospect Event Announcements – Using Facebook can be a great way to communicate promotions, contest and events….almost anything!
- Reputation Management – can be a useful tool for seeing what users are saying about you and your brand. …and working to counter any negative perceptions.
- Help Drive Internet Traffic and Local Traffic – Facebook can serve as a central location for driving traffic to your ‘bricks and mortar’ locations and to your website site and other online properties.
- Lead Generation – Facebook can also serve as a potential lead generation tool. Reviewing potential prospects’ profiles may help you build a better relationship with your prospects and learn more about what they’d like from your business.
- New Customer Acquisition – Facebook provides an opportunity to find consumers you may have not otherwise discovered.
- Customer Retention – Also provides another potential interception point to build the relationship with your consumer.
- Access to the ‘social world’ – Facebook’s reach is awesome! A ‘would-be’ customer could be doing research on your brand or organization and may use Facebook…just to see if you have a presence there!
- The Viral Effect – Facebook takes “Word Of Mouth” to a whole new level. Nothing attracts attention better than Facebook today… Your business becomes part of that attention.
- Feedback Mechanism – Using Facebook and the various applications available can help you understand consumer behavior.
- More than 500 million active users
- Average user has over 130 friends
- 50% of active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
- There are over 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages)
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- Average user creates 60-90 pieces of content each month
- More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month
How Is This Relevant For My Business?
The average person is sharing content that they “Like” 60+ times a month. If used correctly by a business, Facebook provides an opportunity for your brand to go viral. Your business can enjoy the benefits of personal referrals, increase consumer’s awareness of your business, and provide a vehicle for customer feedback.
1. It helps you gain tremendous visibility for your business.
Anyone can ‘Like’ your business page.
There is a ‘Like’ button at the top middle of the page, rather than the ‘Add Friend’ button.
They don’t have to be Friends with you, they just need to have a Facebook account and be logged in and then they can click ‘Like’. This means that anything that you post on the page automatically goes into their ‘News Feed’. This is how you raise your business’s visibility.
2. You can have more than 5,000 people ‘Like’ a page.
You can only have 5,000 Friends on a personal profile thereby limiting the numbers of people that will be able to follow you in the future. 5,000 sounds like a lot now. But, believe me, it won’t be in the future. At the time of writing, it’s very time consuming to move people over from a Personal profile to a Business Page.
3. It acts like a website for your business
Your page is visible to people who do not have a Facebook account and/or who are not logged into Facebook. People don’t have to be logged in to Facebook to see your page. (just like a website). However, if they want to interact with your page by ‘Liking’ the page or comment on a post, they will need to be logged into Facebook then.
4. It advertises, but doesn’t ‘feel’ like advertising to visitors. If you do it right, Facebook can help remove the ‘wall’ between your business and potential customers. It can be as subtle as you like, but still be building a connection with your customer base and raising your profile. Properly structured, Facebook Marketing can lead to lower overall advertising expense and more profit.